Tuesday 13 July 2010

I am marching to the beat of a dead horse.




Touché Amoré - ...to the beat of a dead horse - Spring 2010 tour press mint green 17/80


Finally, one of my many TA records arrived! At the moment I think I am waiting on 5 TA records with preorders and things, once they all turn up I'll take a picture of my collection, it's coming along very nicely.


I first heard of Touché Amoré about March last year, a couple of months before this album came out. A friend of the band who is/ was a moderator on the AFI board posted about them and I instantly fell in love. Their demo is fantastic, so passionate and energetic. A better recording quality than the LP too but that's not a big deal as I'm pretty sure that the low quality for the LP was on purpose. 'To the Beat of a Dead Horse' though, fuck, when I first heard that I was in awe, easily my 'record of the year' for 2009 and no doubt their future releases will not disappoint either.

They're coming over to the UK in November and my pal Lydia is putting them on in London. Weeks of bugging her to listen to them paid off! I am incredibly excited.

TA seem to have blown up a lot now, getting on big tours and getting noticed all over the world. It's amazing to see, they deserve every bit of success they get, and I shall keep on collecting the whole way!

No comments:

Post a Comment