Monday 19 July 2010

WeHateFredPhelps.com



Touché Amoré - Demo 2008 - clear gold /500
Touché Amoré - Demo 2008 - coke bottle blue /245
Touché Amoré - Demo 2008 - red /300
Touché Amoré - Demo 2008 - white /600
Touché Amoré - Demo 2008 - clear /100


So I have already jabbered on about how much I love this band and everything, but I finally got the last colour of the demo 7" I needed in the post today. Took quite a long time to arrive, even by international shipping standards, but I'm glad it's here. It was the clear variation, and is the rarest of the 7" colours so if that had been lost in the post I'd have been super pissed.

Although I have all the colour variations, there are still a bunch of tour covers that TA did. And they are fucking horrible to try to collect. They basically did 5 different covers for the 10 cities on the tour, and then split those 5 into 1 red vinyl and 4 white vinyl. They have made it a total nightmare for collectors haha. I'm only sem-serious about collecting, I'm very happy with just having all these colours, but of course if the oppertunity to get one or two of these tour covers (or a test pressing for that matter) arose then I would jump on it.

The two 7"s at the top are the 2nd press of the demo, and the covers are printed on a lot nicer paper, but the artwork came out a lot darker. Seriously though, the first press covers are ludacris; they'd tear just from looking at them. The centre labels on the 2nd press are pretty boring though, just an A and a B on either side, no image like with the first press.

2 of the songs that appeared on the CD version aren't on this 7" though, Huckleberry and Hipsterectomy. You still get them with the instant download though which is cool. Apparantly the band aren't too fond of those tracks which is a shame, because Huckleberry is such a great song.

I think I'm done now. I'm waiting on a few 12"s so I'll post them when they arrive. Think I have 2 in the post now and one about to be paid for, so it's going pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment